27 January 2014

26th year. Time to explore.

Something that I've learned about myself over the course of my not so long life, is that I am more of a creature of habit than I would ever want to admit. For example, I've been at J. Arthur's coffee at least 3 times in this last week. I now know half the staff. I also work at a different coffee shop. (So maybe I am just addicted to coffee?) For another example, I've lived in Minneapolis for about 7 years and I haven't been to most of the places that Minneapolis/St Paul is famous for. I just stick to what I know and don't go out and explore the place I've chosen as my home.  Last year was a good start to this next year's word choice.

As I go through this next year, I'll expand even more on why I chose the word I chose, but for the time being, here's the vision I have for the next year of my life.

EXPLORE
"to traverse or range over (a region, area, etc.) 
for the purpose of discovery"

I want to traverse and range over the Twin Cities so I can discover the things about this area that make it so unique and special. I want to discover why I love it here so much, and find more reasons to love it as much as I do. I also wouldn't mind a reason to love winter. Just sayin'. I want to explore the popular things that everyone says are "must sees". I also want to explore the lesser known and the "hole-in-the-wall" places that are more unique and underground. I don't have a list of things to do yet, and I might not even come up with one.  For now, if you have ideas, throw 'em out there. I might just take you with me. 

Delicious "Cocoa & Fig" flourless chocolate cake. YUM.

No comments: