07 January 2014

Remember Remember, it was once December

And in December I went to a roller derby! Way fun.  I've always wondered just how accurate the movies are at depicting what that world is like. Surprisingly, Hollywood exaggerates a lot of things. I know, shocking.

I'll keep this post short, because really a roller derby speaks for itself. I went to the derby with my friend, Amy, and ended up sitting with a couple families from church. What a fun surprise! We went to cheer on a mom of a few of the youth at Hope, so it was a special kind of fun hanging out with the youth and cheering on someone I never thought would do a roller derby!

My favorite things from the night include:  1. The derby name "Buzz Tightrear" 2. Polka dancing at the "half-time" 3. Being the loudest cheer section and getting a shout out from the announcer 4. "Stealing" some empty seats on the floor level. Awesome.

Here are a couple pics.

Amy, "Roley Ann Lena" (Kim) and me!
So much pushing. On skates. Yikes.



Updated List!
1.  Take a lesson in down hill skiing.
2.  Go on an impromptu road trip.
3.  Go to a roller derby.
4.  Take a swing dancing class.
5.  Get my nose pierced.
6.  Take a long  bike ride through Minnesota
7.  Take a decorating/baking class.
8.  Go to the top of the Foshay.
9.  Go trap shooting or to a shooting range...
and actually shoot a gun.
10.  Go on a brewery tour.
11.  Go to the horse races.
12.  Plant a church. (I don't know why this wasn't on here before...)

No comments: