25 January 2014

A New Year Awaits

While this post might be almost a month late, I at least started it at the beginning of January, so it's sort of timely, right? :)

It's that time of year again. Where the calendar changes and we all write the wrong date for the next 3 months, we all make some resolutions that we ultimately don't follow through on or we forgo resolutions all together, and the time of year when IT'S MY BIRTHDAY! I'm not usually one to get super excited about my birthday or to make a big deal about it.  However, last year I made it a point to do something intentional with each year.  I'll pick a word or a goal that I would like to reflect on over the year and do things to intentionally work toward that goal.

Last year, for my 25th year, I decided to ADVENTURE. And it really was a year of great adventures with a few more to come!  (I still have a couple things on my list to cross off, but those might end up being things that get moved over to this next year now.) My goal was get out of my comfort zone and do things I've always wanted to do. This was hard, it required boldness, it required gumption, and it required having a good time with friends.  It taught me the value of resting well, loving people in my life well, and being OK going out on my own into the world (aka: going to things by myself and going to unknown situations). I'm pretty pumped for this next part.  It's the part where I put a bunch of pictures up of all the things I did this year! Get ready, because it's pretty spectacular.

Thanks friends for helping me go on adventures!

Two cupcakes I decorated.

Kari and I cuttin' a rug!

Jon Belleau showin' off his mad decorating and baking skillz.

Spicy sushi. Big deal.

Top o' the Foshay! Fo'sho'!

Horse races. I even placed a bet!

Roller derby with the coolest Hope Mom I know!

Miss this girl and this weather...

Never been more tired or had more fun than when I learned to ski.

Hikey hike hike.

No comments: