19 April 2014

"Impromptu" Road Trippin'

To attempt to finish up my list from last year, I decided an "impromptu" road trip was in order.

One of my favorites (E.Ralph, Ralphio....) and I decided to road trip it down to good ol' Milwaukee, WI to visit our dear friends Laura and Robby Mueller. "Such a great idea", we said. "It'll be fun", we said. "Nothing could possibly go awry", we said.

It took us about 8 1/2 hours to get there. That's almost 4 hours more than it should. Welcome to tipped semis in the ditches, using every coping mechanism in the book to survive, and wintry road conditions. After a long drive of yelling out windows in frustration, jamming to some Christian rap, and listening to Tina Fey read her autobiography, we made it to the Muellers. At 2am. You might be amazed that we made it alive. And you should be amazed.

It was a fun weekend filled with catching up, delicious food, outlet stores, exploring Milwaukee, lots of laughter, and late night chats. It was a reunion for the books, and it came at no better time than in the midst of a busy, stressful season of my life. These two women show Jesus to me in more ways than I can describe in words, and this weekend "impromptu" (aka: we planned it) road trip was no different than normal. They know me at my worst and best, and love me all the same. They speak truth to me even when it's hard, and they encourage me at every point. I couldn't have asked for better roommates or road trip buddies!

Now for the fun part: pictures. My favorite part of our activities was our tour of Lakefront Brewery. It was funny, it was informative, they give you beer before/during/after the tour, and they have a German style beer hall. And Bernie's beer stein from County Stadium. Hello, childhood memories!

Ralphio. Bein' all tired in her new winter coat.

Typical Lo.

Roomies! (Robby is our pseudo-roomie. Which counts.)

Prost! German beer hall. Yum.

Bernie's beer stein!

Fireside. Life should be here always.

Colectivo. Check it out.

No comments: